Americans for Democracy & Human Rights in Bahrain (ADHRB) is a non-profit organization that seeks to foster awareness of and support for democracy and human rights in Bahrain and the Arabian Gulf by advocating for the rights of the Bahraini people to key actors within the U.S. government, the international community, and the general public.
ADHRB seeks a dynamic and experienced grant manager/administrator to assist in ADHRB’s development. In line with ADHRB’s institutional and fundraising goals, s/he will be responsible for managing and administering foundation grants, as well as individual gifts or contributions to support ADHRB’s programs and initiatives. S/he will also be responsible for researching prospective foundation grants and completing grant applications as appropriate. Essential responsibilities include broadening ADHRB support by identifying program funding, and tracking grant progress and reporting deadlines. This position reports to the Executive Director and the Director of Advocacy.
This position is funded through a grant from the Al-Salam Foundation, a 501 c(3) with offices in Washington, D.C. and London, whose work centers on projects and events relating to youth, education, community cohesion and international aid work. The grant manager/Administrator will also be asked to conduct research on prospective funding sources and complete grant applications as appropriate for the Al-Salam Foundation.
BA, MA preferred
- Receive, process and record individual donations.
- Research and conduct outreach to prospective grant funders; complete grant applications as appropriate.
- Track current grants’ reporting deadlines and requirements.
- Oversee successful and timely submission of grant proposals and reports.
- Assist with annual report.
- Works with Director of Communications to create and upload development content to the website.
- Assist with developing the coding structure of major grants at the beginning of a grant cycle, keep accurate records of coding choices for non-standard budget items, and ensure coding remains consistent based on coding decisions made throughout the year.
Qualifications and Skills
- BA/BS required, MA in non-profit management preferred
- 2+ years of experience in the fundraising department of a non-profit organization.
- Demonstrated grant-management experience, preferably with international government and foundation grants.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and managing grants.
- Experience in supervising and working collaboratively with staff on grant administration.
- Experience with research on individuals, foundations and international government funding.
- Experience with portfolio management preferred.
- Experience specifically in coding and reconciling expenses, as well as other grant administration areas.
- Strong qualitative skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a collaborative working environment.
ADHRB offers a competitive compensation package.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and a brief writing sample to info (at) adhrb (dot) org, and include “Grant Manager/Administrator” in the subject line.