Americans for Democracy & Human Rights in Bahrain (ADHRB) is a non-profit organization that seeks to foster awareness of and support for democracy and human rights in Bahrain and the Middle East. We seek a dynamic advocacy fellow ready to help plan and execute advocacy strategies that advance support for human rights in the Arabian Gulf. This position is located in Washington, D.C., and reports to the Director of Advocacy.
- Assist the advocacy team in campaigns and projects advancing human rights in the Gulf region.
- Attend meetings, conferences, and events in order to advocate for human rights and represent organizational interests.
- Develop and manage an individual portfolio including campaigns, projects, and ongoing advocacy.
- Research and author reports, white papers, briefing memos, letters, statements, op-eds, and other advocacy materials pertaining to the Gulf region.
- Aid in the organization and execution of Gulf human rights defender advocacy visits and delegations to Washington.
- Perform administrative and other duties as required.
- Manage interns as needs require.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Recent M.A. in pertinent field.
- Extensive research and writing experience.
- Ability to prioritize, implement and deliver high-quality advocacy programs, sometimes within tight timelines and with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a collaborative working environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights consistent with the mission of ADHRB.
- Experience working on a grassroots or political campaign.
- Knowledge of the Middle East developed from experience.
- Working knowledge of Arabic.
ADHRB offers a stipend of $1000/month for this position, and requires a 6-month commitment of 40 hours per week from any potential fellow.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and a brief, unedited writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include “Advocacy Fellow for the Arabian Gulf” in the subject line.
A PDF of this job posting is available here.