Americans for Democracy & Human Rights in Bahrain (ADHRB) is a non-profit organization that seeks to foster awareness of and support for the pro-democracy movement in Bahrain and the Middle East. We seek a communications fellow responsible for helping establish and execute organization-wide communications priorities, processes products, and strategies. This position requires a minimum of an M.A. in communications. This position is located in Washington, D.C. and reports to the Director of Advocacy.
- Develop and implement communications and media strategy for ADHRB and its initiatives.
- Manage ADHRB’s media relations and communications, including the website, weekly newsletter, and social media presence.
- Effectively strategize with ADHRB staff to disseminate key institutional deliverables—reports, op-eds, press releases, policy briefs—to appropriate media outlets and other audiences.
- Edit, package, and place op-eds and assist in the drafting and editing of other written products as needed.
- Oversee media requests including electronic media, television, radio, print, and other general press inquiries.
- Develop and oversee, in coordination with staff, special projects that have a press or marketing element, including campaigns, videos, and other multimedia.
- Manage production of all marketing and promotional materials for ADHRB.
- Perform administrative and other duties as required.
- Manage interns as needs require.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Recent M.A. in communications.
- Excellent writing, editorial, oral communication, and presentation skills.
- Versatility in writing for all media platforms.
- Experience with creating multimedia products and social media promotion.
- Adept team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Organized, disciplined, and proactive.
- Works well under deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights consistent with the mission of ADHRB.
- Experience working on a grassroots or political campaign.
- Knowledge of the Middle East developed from experience.
- Working knowledge of Arabic.
ADHRB offers a stipend of $1000/month for this position, and requires a 6-month commitment of 40 hours per week from any potential fellow.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and a brief, unedited writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include “Communications Fellow” in the subject line.
A PDF of this posting is available here.