Americans for Democracy & Human Rights in Bahrain (ADHRB) is a non-profit organization that seeks to foster awareness of and support for democracy and human rights in Bahrain and the Middle East.
ADHRB seeks a dynamic and experienced development specialist to assist in ADHRB’s fundraising and development. In line with ADHRB’s institutional and fundraising goals, s/he will be responsible for soliciting, managing and administering foundation and government grants, as well as individual gifts or contributions to support ADHRB’s programs and initiatives. Essential responsibilities include broadening ADHRB support by identifying donor and program funding, and tracking grant progress and reporting deadlines. This position reports to the Director of Advocacy.
BA, MA preferred
This is not an entry-level position.
- Create, develop, and manage donor database and outreach.
- Solicit, receive, process, and record individual donations.
- Research and conduct outreach to prospective funders; identify new funding sources.
- Plan and manage development-related projects, including events and mailers.
- Track grant reporting deadlines and requirements.
- Oversee successful and timely submission of grant proposals and reports.
- Assist with organization’s annual report.
- Work with staff to create and upload development content to the website.
- Work with Executive Director and Director of Advocacy to create annual fundraising goals and plans.
Qualifications and Skills:
- BA/BS required, MA in non-profit management preferred
- 2+ years of experience in the fundraising department of a non-profit organization.
- Demonstrated experience with individual donor development and management.
- Demonstrated grant-writing experience, especially with international government and foundation grants.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and managing grants.
- Experience with research on individuals, foundations and international government funding.
- Experience in supervising and working collaboratively with staff on strategy development and implementation.
- Experience with portfolio management preferred.
- Strong qualitative skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a collaborative working environment.
ADHRB offers a generous compensation package, including competitive pay, paid holidays and vacation, elective medical plans, and retirement plans with a company match.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and a brief, unedited writing sample to email@example.com, and include “Development Officer” in the subject line.
A PDF of this job posting is available here.